Below are links to literature used in developing ‘Our Great North’ (note – this page is still being constructed)
Major sites or works
- Northern Australia Environmental Research Portal publications (this site collates research of the NESP & NERP Northern Hubs and the Tropical Rivers and Coastal Knowledge hub focusing on water, catchments, Indigenous knowledge, rivers, floodplains and more)
- Northern Research Futures Collaborative Research Network publications (social impacts and processes of change in Northern Australia related to infrastructure development, public policy, climate change, migration and security).
- Northern Australian Indigenous Land and Sea Management Alliance (NAILSMA) (work by Indigenous people on land, water and sea management)
- CRC for Tropical Savannas publications (1995 – 2009)
- The final report and the science report of the Northern Australia’s Land and Water Taskforce (2009).
- The Nature of Northern Australia (2007)
- The Kimberley Appropriate Economies Roundtable (2006) and the Cape York Appropriate Economies Roundtable (2004) – relevant regionally developed reports to guide development.
- Working for our Country Report (2015)
- Nature of Northern Australia (Woinarski J, Mackey B, Nix H & Traill B, 2007)
- National Strategy for Ecologically Sustainable Development (Aust Gov 1992)
- Submission to the Inquiry into Developing Northern Australia (Altman J & Markham F 2014)
- National Press Club Speech (Morrison J 2015)
- North Australian Indigenous Experts Forum on Economic Development (NAILSMA 2012 & 2013)
- Commique – Indigenous Leaders Roundtable on economic development and property rights (2015)
- Assessments of Social Outcomes of the Working on Country Program (Urbis, 2012)
- Healthy Country, Healthy People (Burgess et al 2009)
- Working for our Country (Pew 2015)
- Social, economic and cultural impact of Kanyirninpa Jukurrpa’s On-Country program (Social Ventures 2014)
- Grazing BMP
- Into Oblivion (2010) (describing the worrying rapid decline of small mammals across the North).
- Exporting solar energy to Asia Australia-Asia Interconnector workshop report (ECNT-CDU 2013)
- Rethinking the future of northern Australia’s regions ( Regional Australia Institute 2013).